Friday, September 07, 2007

OFB: Restaurant/mini shop, 5 top shops with one shop, caught cheating,



Only change to roll call is Jessica moved to house #4.


Jack purchased the Cacti Cafe.

Picture of the lot before I change it.
floor plan. Its a coffee shop that sells magazines.
I add restaurant items. A restaurant is a little more complicated than the other types, but yet the most dull (IMO). The sims look at the menu and decide if they want to eat or not.
Then the host shows the sims to a waiting table.
Waiter takes the order.
Waiter/waitress serves the food.

You need one sim for each duty or have a sim share duties. Jobs are: Hostess, waiter, chef.

Since I find a restaurant to be a little dull and slow at building rank, I add a mini shop to the area.
If customers are low, one sim can do all jobs. (hostess, waitress, and cook)
Here she gets a tip.
She is also the server.

oh look, he ordered cheesecake. ROFL
She is also the chef.




I place two chef tables on the lot. Once the food is made, it doesn't seem to spoil. In case she gets more than one customer at a time, she can cook the food ahead of time. If inspired to try doing all the jobs with one sim, you could place more than two counters. I wouldn't suggest it, it gets harry at times and customers really back up and leave. Its nice to have back up help in case your sim starts to get backed up.
Here is one of the sims helping out.
Here is a customer leaving who didn't get service.
I forgot to put in a shower. The pregnant sim is taking a sponge bath in the sink. I added bubbles in paint shop for fun.

The zombie plantsim is considering a slice of cheesecake.
Another customer eating cheesecake. Rank 10. To show how you can get 5 top shops with one shop, I'm going to carry on with this lot. I look in the customer loyalty area and find a sim on the lot who has one loyalty star. I talk to the sim a couple times then try to hire them. In the above shot, I hire Goopy the servo. If you look at the loyalty stars, I've lost the one that was his. I freeze the game before the rank 10 count was changed to rank 9.
After I hired the servo, I promoted him to manager. Changed his wages. Then sent him home for the day.
I earn the one lost star from hiring the servo, and earn a two top shop for the owner. I just need to do this 3 more times and he will have his 5 top shops earned.
I try to hire this sim without building relationship. He gets mad and I lose a star. That was easy.
I show him an item. That makes him happy and I get his one star back. (another rank 10)

I decide to "flirt" with a customer my sim doesn't know. This usually results in a negative interatcion.
Sadly, I forgot her husband was on the lot. OOPS.

I'm not sure why he looks on with such worry. (funny)
I hired another servo and sent him home for the day. He had three stars.

Two of his stars replaced.
And the final one.
The last rank 10 completed. A shot showing the lot owner and his 5 top shops.

The lot at the end of the challenge.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool. Thanks for showing that! I will definately be using these tips.

6:05 PM  
Blogger SpongebobTanu said...

wait a sec, the sim got the 5 memories for top shop because the restaurant went up and down between rank 9 and 10? so this LTW could potentially be done with just one business.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Yes - I think I originally learnt this tip off you way back when you were doing your Prosperity Challenge. It's definitely a neat way to get the 5 top businesses. Though in Prosperity I tend to stick to the hard way of owning 5 businesses since it's more points and more money (but more time ;-().

7:57 AM  
Blogger Ziese52 said...

Wow, I had no idea you could do this LTW with just one business! With having actually done it with 5, I might consider doubling up now and then.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

best website stats